This programme is held from a Friday morning to Sunday afternoon in East Grinstead, West Sussex & London. Details of local hotels and B & B’s can be supplied should you need to stay in the local area. Trains run regularly from Victoria station and London Bridge to East Grinstead and take approx. 50mins. Groups average at approx. 10 people. Meals are not included in the course fee.
Beating Anger 1 and 2 are essentially the same programme, simply structured differently to meet the requirements of individuals in different circumstances. Those who are unable to attend the 10-week programme in London have the opportunity of completing the programme over a weekend.
This course is designed for anyone interested in exploring and understanding their anger, as well as discovering the necessary tools to safely manage and transform their anger effectively. You will develop an accurate profile of your own anger and stress levels, thereby giving you valuable information and insight into what triggers your reactions.
Beating Anger also examines how anger often takes root in childhood experiences. Withdrawal of love, inappropriate punishments, rejection, bullying and belittling are historical issues that can fuel present-day anger.
Ranging from those that are extravagantly violent in their anger demonstrations, to those who inhibit and contain their rage, Beating Anger helps you step through your fear and inhibitions to start the process of effectively dealing with your anger and that of others.
What the programme covers:
- How to stop your anger affecting you emotionally and physically.
- What anger is not.
- How to avoid shame spirals.
- Understanding the difference between rage and anger.
- Anger from the perspective of a child, adult and parent.
- The regressive power of historical anger.
- How to manage stress plus techniques for resolving conflict.
- How to stop taking things so personally.
- How negative emotional cycles work and how to interrupt them.
- How to express anger cleanly.
- Why stress fuels your anger.
- How to control your thoughts and mistaken beliefs.
- The six golden rules of anger management
- Powerful coping strategies.
Who should attend this programme:
- Anyone who is hurting themselves and others with their anger and rage.
- Parents who cannot deal with their angry children.
- Anyone who knows someone suffering from anger issues.
- Individuals who have to deal with the consequences of chronic rage and anger.
- People who need to be more assertive and less passive-aggressive.
The course will offer real added value to:
- Health and care professionals.
- Teachers who need to find creative ways of managing disruptions in the class.
- Customer service staff, call centre personnel and people managers.
- Feel immediately lighter and happier with yourself.
- Increase joy in your life.
- Understand how to orientate yourself towards healing.
- Reminds you of things you already knew but had forgotten.
- Gives you a refreshing new look at yourself.
- Helps you create clear goals.
- Learn how to express all your feelings, not just anger.