Anger InspirationToo many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears – Les Brown
Eschatological Laundry List
Main Entry: es·cha·tol·o·gy
Etymology: Greek eschatos last, farthest
- a branch of theology concerned with the final events in the history of the world or of humankind
- a belief concerning death, the end of the world, or the ultimate destiny of humankind;
- This is it!
- There are no hidden meanings.
- You can’t get there from here, and besides there’s no place else to go.
- We are already dying, and we will be dead for a long time.
- Nothing lasts.
- There is no way of getting all you want.
- You can’t have anything unless you let go of it.
- You only get to keep what you give away.
- There is no particular reason why you lost out on some things.
- The world is not necessarily just. Being good often does not pay off and there is no compensation for misfortune
- You have a responsibility to do your best nonetheless.
- It is a random universe to which we bring meaning.
- 13. You don’t really control anything.
- You can’t make anyone love you.
- No one is any stronger or any weaker than anyone else.
- Everyone is, in his own way, vulnerable.
- There are no great men.
- If you have a hero, look again: you have diminished yourself in some way.
- Everyone lies, cheats, pretends (yes, you too, and most certainly I myself).
- All evil is potential vitality in need of transformation.
- All of you is worth something, if you will only own it.
- Progress is an illusion.
- Evil can be displaced but never eradicated, as all solutions breed new problems.
- Yet it is necessary to keep on struggling toward solution.
- Childhood is a nightmare.
- But it is so very hard to be an on-your-own, take-care-of-yourself-cause-there-is-no-one-else-to-do-it-for-you grown-up.
- Each of us is ultimately alone.
- The most important things, each man must do for himself.
- Love is not enough, but it sure helps.
- We have only ourselves, and one another. That may not be much, but that’s all there is.
- How strange, that so often, it all seems worth it.
- We must live within the ambiguity of partial freedom, partial power, and partial knowledge.
- All important decisions must be made on the basis of insufficient data.
- Yet we are responsible for everything we do.
- No excuses will be accepted.
- You can run, but you can’t hide.
- It is most important to run out of scapegoats.
- We must learn the power of living with our helplessness.
- The only victory lies in surrender to oneself.
- All of the significant battles are waged within the self.
- You are free to do whatever you like. You need only face the consequences.
- What do you know… for sure… anyway?
- Learn to forgive yourself, again and again and again and again…
Author: Sheldon Kopp
Recent Blog Posts
Blog posts with more inspiration to guide you
Gratitude is a powerful emotion that we feel and implement into our day to day life. Gratitude is defined as feeling the quality of being thankful for something, or showing appreciation to those who treat us well and expose us to acts of kindness. Whilst most of us...
It’s been six months since I went on Mike Fisher's British Association of Anger Management (BAAM) course. Six months since I sat in a room with six strangers and revealed proudly to the world, I get angry and I'm here to do something about it. I remember it well. Mike...
It’s the Christmas season and time to start thinking about the Christmas office party. The one time of the year we can all let our hair down and enjoy the Christmas cheer together. It’s the one occasion you can snog your boss and watch your manager make a drunken fool...