- Rediscover the joy of relating to and educating young people
- Enjoy stress free time at home and in the classroom
- Make your personal and professional life less of a battle
- Support and encourage children to grow up less angry
In today’s stressful and busy world of uncompromising work schedules and relentless frustrations, more and more people are finding it difficult to cope. So, for parents and teacher’s it’s even more of a task! Mind Your Anger (MYA) has found that more and more carers and educators of children are seeking to learn how to deal with the anger and conflict they observe in children and young adults. MYA knows that anger is here to stay and it does not go away until we actually deal with it constructively and creatively.
We also know that anger is an excellent indicator that tells us that something is not quite right in our relationships. By avoiding dealing with these issues, we create more and more disharmony in our families. Facing issues and developing skills to manage them creatively will increase your self-esteem and benefit the cohesion in your family. By attending this workshop you make the world a safer place for you and your children.
Who is this workshop for?
- This is the perfect workshop for parents and teachers who observe anger in their children and wish to learn how to deal with it.
- For parents and teachers who want to understand more about their anger and avoid some of the pitfalls in caring and educating.
What will you learn on the day?
- The source and origins of your anger.
- What makes you angry and what makes your children angry.
- How to instantly reduce stress.
- You will learn simple but effective skills in identifying your key stressors and how to reduce them in three easy steps.
- How to deal with the destructive and transformative power of anger.
Once you discover how you can use anger to affect change and healing, children will feel safer, more intimate and become more responsive and co-operative.
Balance your busy life
When your life is out of balance and you are under resourced, it’s usually then that children become unmanageable. We will teach you simple re-sourcing techniques that will help bring you back into balance, relax you, and help you get the results you want from kids.
Discover your anger style
We will teach you to recognise what style you use, why you use it and then offer you alternative choices that will be more effective for communicating with everyone, not just children.
What anger isn’t
Once you recognize what anger is not, you can then take clear steps in being assertive instead of resorting to aggressive or passive aggressive behaviour.
Resolving conflict in 5 easy steps
We will teach you to express anger in a clear, constructive way, whereby children will listen and respect your feelings and wishes. You will be able to teach the same to the children you care for.
What children need
Children can feel very misunderstood at home and at school because their emotional needs are not being met. You will discover just how simple it is to meet a child’s needs without compromising your role, position or authority.
Increasing children’s self-esteem
Most adults mistake confidence for self esteem. This day workshop will help you to differentiate between the two. By learning to meet your esteem needs you will be able to meet your children’s and students needs.
Games that children, parents and teachers play – The power struggles
If a child does not have clear boundaries and healthy emotional role models, they then begin to play up and act out.
We will teach you how to :
- Recognise the sub-text to their anxieties
- Help them to reduce their own anxieties
- Stop them playing games with you in order to get your attention, even if that’s your negative attention.
The 8 golden rules for managing anger
Each rule you learn is based on common sense and if applied daily in your life it will, with immediate effect, reduce the amount of arguments, fights and stressors in your dealing with children.
A workbook will be provided. A Certificate of Attendance is also available upon request and will be posted a week later.
See what people have to say about our programmes.
There are no reviews yet.