Who will benefit from APT?
- Senior managers and leaders of change.
- The caring and helping professions who work closely with the general public and their managers.
- Private organisations that deal face to face or on the phone with their customers every day.
- Customer service teams, sales teams, outbound and inbound call centre staff.
- Front line shop floor sales and customer service staff.
- School teachers, youth workers, social services, health services and police officers
You will learn:
- The latest techniques fundamental to anger management and preventing aggression.
- Personal effectiveness in communication for dealing with threatening, confrontational and angry work situations.
- How to draw from your own insights and integrate them into the APT model.
- How to create strong personal boundaries in order to communicate effectively and assertively.
- To recognise and understand what people need in the heat of the moment and how to deliver it without compromising your integrity
We help you explore your own personal relationship with anger and how you manage it when under pressure. What is discovered on Day 1 is used to guide and deepen learning on Day 2.
We cover strategies and tactics for managing challenging people and threatening situations. The impact of Day 2 is so high because of the transformational learning that is assimilated from Day 1.
On this course you will learn:
- The Rules of Anger Management
- Sources of Anger
- The Impact of Emotional Regression
- How to Stay Grounded and Calm
- Recognise what Triggers You and Others
- Developing Coping Strategies Immediately
- Anger Styles and Substitutes
- When to Contain and when to Assert
- Defence Mechanisms
- Conflict Resolution
- The Assault Cycle
- Power and its use in Challenging Situations
- Strategies for Controlling Angry Situations
- Not taking Anything Personally
- Developing and Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
- Staying Out of the Way of Danger
- Active Listening Skills
APT – is very effective when working with people who display challenging behaviour.
APT – is one of the most powerful yet simple tools for working with people who express themselves in aggressive and hostile ways.
There are no reviews yet.